Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as well as secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
We at Kanab Elementary School invite you to participate in your child's school experience by signing up for PTA. There is a $5 fee that helps pay the costs of PTA to the State of Utah. You can pay this amount at Back to School Night, when signing up for PTA.
We want to get all parents involved and have compiled a list of all the possible opportunities below. If you would like to help in any particular area, please email us at buckarooPTA@gmail.com
Back to School Night - Selling School T-Shirts, Helping with PTA Registration, Selling Pizza.
Reading Nights - Once a month in the evening - Need help with snacks and setting up and taking down chairs.
BoxTops - Give out boxtops forms to each classroom teacher, then once filled, go collect boxtops and give out prizes or party incentives, etc...(Every 2 Months)-(Girl Scouts is currently helping with this)
Red Ribbon Week- Order stickers, incentives, etc, to give out to each teacher, every day of Red Ribbon Week in October.
Book Fair- November and February - Help the Librarian put out books and then scheduling the volunteers each hour of the fair, and then collecting the money at the end of each day of the fair and coordinating deposits with Treasurer.
Faculty Luncheons - Coordinate with other parent volunteers on what meal will be served to the teachers during SEP week in November and February, and at the end of the year. Making food or organizing what food will be brought it.
Reflections- Hand out forms in December. Start collecting at the end of January, getting judges for each grade, organizing the awards for each winner and head awards ceremony in February.
Teacher Appreciation Week - May, coordinate parent volunteers for door decorating, giving teacher gifts during that week
Classroom Moms- If you would like to be the designated "Mom" for your child's class, the teachers will need help with holiday parties, help with class time experiences, etc. You will not have to be at each event, the teacher will just need help coordinating each event and asking other parents to help.